Sunday, May 27, 2012

21 months and 3 weeks

Gideon had a hard week which means that I had a hard week. For some strange reason, he has not been eating his usual foods and being super mad during mealtime. Garrett thinks we have hit the terrible twos and that our calm and easygoing baby is becoming a toddler.

One morning, Gideon woke up at 330am from a nightmare or just because. We don't know exactly. I tried to put him down by rocking him back to sleep. He fell asleep on my shoulder but started to cry when I put him down. I asked Garrett to try to put him back to sleep. The same thing happened to Garrett too. So we had an early start to the day. I changed his clothes and started to get him breakfast. Something happened at breakfast and Gideon just started crying and kicking on his highchair. I took him out of his chair and he continued this tantrum on the kitchen floor. He calmed down and I tried to put him back in his chair but he started again. This went on for 20 minutes. Finally at 615am, he ate breakfast normally.

My parents came into town for the weekend. They drove up from California on Friday and arrived Friday at dinnertime. Then they will leave on Monday morning. We had a lot of fun playing, eating and watching movies!

We went to the Burien community center for the morning indoor play area. It was fun watching Gideon play with all the toys that we don't have room for in the house.



Then we took Gideon shopping at Carters. Yay, for Memorial day sales, up to 70 percent off! Gideon got a new hat to wear when it is sunny. (Garrett doesn't like it when I call it a sun hat!) This is Gideon playing at the lego table while I was looking around the store.

P1100304

My parents brought up the water table that I bought for Gideon in California for his first birthday. I bought it for the friends to play with at Gideon's first birthday. Gideon loved playing with the water!

P1100308

Weekly picture. He only stayed on the couch for one shot. Enjoy! Yes, he needs a haircut.

P1100309

P1100312

1 comment:

  1. How come u don't look so preggers in the pic above?? ... Send me a belly pic mama! <3

    ReplyDelete