Sunday, April 15, 2012

20 months and 1 week

I cannot believe how fast this week has gone by. I am working on the name bracket, ranking the names in the four categories: S-names, Biblical, International, and Pop culture names. I feel more pressured to get it done but I am procrastinating. I have cleaned out a cabinet in my classroom of old documents that I haven't seen in 5 years that I probably do not need. Garrett has graciously typed out the names in a word document so that I can rank them and see which "regions" will be matched.

Gideon loves drawing and playing with stickers. He learned this from his Uncle Dustin in California.

stickers

stickers

Gideon has grown out of his size 6 shoe. I had a size 7 shoe in the closet that I took out for him to wear today. It is a challenge to walk in them since they are a little big for him right now. We were also given a bag of hand-me-down shoes. There is an almost new pair of Keens in there, size 8. We are now a Keen family. =)

Garrett's volleyball team had a playoff game on Saturday. Instead of sitting and watching the game, Gideon wanted to walk around. It was a beautiful day so we walked to the park behind the community center. Gideon was shocked by all the kids running around and screaming. He sat on the grass and watched for five minutes. He wanted to go down the slide but he didn't want to climb up the steps. After watching all the other kids do it, he finally got up and climbed the stairs. He was rearranging his legs on the slide to go feet first. It was taking a while and this little boy behind him almost pushed Gideon down the slide because he was so impatient. My maternal instincts quickly stopped the boy and gave a stern look. I couldn't be too mad. He was an Asian boy, the same age as Gideon and he had Down's Syndrome.

Thank you to Aunt Betty, Uncle Dennis, and Uncle Albert for this awesome bunny shirt!!!

20 months 1 week

20 months 1 week

No comments:

Post a Comment